Our Mission: To apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science through a widely accessible, hardware-agnostic software platform.
At 1QBit, we believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We are just beginning to harness the properties of the quantum universe to assist our most advanced computing hardware, but we already know this will be a revolution unlike any previous evolution in computing design. In the short term, quantum coprocessors will be used for complex problem solving. In the near future, processors will harness the properties of quantum physics by design. Our research, services, and technology are focused on leveraging the optimal use of computing power at all points along this trajectory.
What We Believe
1QBit is guided by a strong set of values that we’ve carried since our company’s inception. As we’ve grown, we’ve maintained our focus on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity – A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking – A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration – A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership – A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner’s Mindset – A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
Our principles apply to everyone at 1QBit. They build on our company’s Beliefs and form the foundation for the way we behave. A well-defined set of principles will guide managers and teams on what is desired and acceptable behaviour. Living the Principles requires a firm understanding of the formula: organization > team > individual.
- Individual and Team Commitment: Understanding our dual role as individual contributor and team player.
- Support and Encouragement: the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Radical Responsibility: We own what we do.
- Spirit of Community: We have each other’s back; fun and laugher is good for our psyche.
- Trust and Candour: We can handle the truth; managers and employees alike offer the why along with the what and how.
1QBit was founded in 2012 by a group of intellectually curious entrepreneurs and researchers during the early stages of commercial quantum computing. We recognized the possibilities quantum computers were about to unlock, and embarked on building the expertise and technology required to connect industry problems to this new hardware. Over the past nine years, 1QBit has grown into a globally respected team of experts dedicated to taking quantum computing from theory to application, and continues to attract global talent in mathematics, engineering, physics, chemistry, operations research, and software development.
The World Economic Forum named 1QBit a global Technology Pioneer in recognition of our leadership and ability to impact the world. Together with our partners in industry and academia, we are fulfilling this honour by building the foundations of the quantum information age.
Today, 1QBit continues to partner with the world’s most advanced hardware providers and industry leading organizations to redefine their intractable problems using a quantum lens.
“1QBit is paving the way for quantum technology: it’s not enough to build the hardware; you have to know how to do something useful with it.”
– Gili Rosenberg, 1QBit Researcher